Music is good for the soul. It heals. It evokes emotion and makes us cry, reminisce about old memories, or dance. I love when a song speaks to me. I don’t even need to understand the lyrics for my mind and body to react. That’s the magic of music.
Lately, Shazam has become my second pair of ears in dance class. Rhythmology instructors, Jose Bolivar, and Bryan Perez have the best playlist by far. I’ve stolen some songs off their playlist and use them to improve my body movement and musicality everywhere! For example, I dance to these songs while getting ready for work, cleaning my room, or driving in the car. I probably look loco dancing by myself, but I can’t help it when the beat drops. Check out these Latin songs to practice your dance moves wherever you are.
- Mi Salsa Tiene Sandunga – Elito Revé y su Charangón
- Mi Musica – Alexander Abreu
- Abre Que Voy – Miguel Enriquez
- Y Ya Para Qué – Manolito y su Trabuco
- Negra Rumba (feat. Frankie Vasquez y Jesus Alejandro) – Dj Ricky Campanelli
- Muévete Pa Aquí – Elito Revé y su Charangón
- Tres Dias – Havana D’Primera
- Vente Negra – Habana Con Kola
- Adicto – Prince Royce y Marc Anthony
- Bailame (Bachata Remix) – Bachata Tropical
- Love Song (The Cure Salsa Cover) – Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra
- Hush – Jr.
- Historia de un Taxi – Marc Anthony y Ricardo Arjona
- La Vida Continuó – Karol G y Simone & Simaria
- Buscando la Verdad (feat. Jimmy Bosch) – DJ Ricky Campanelli
- La Bicicleta – Carlos Vives y Shakira
- Cúrame – Prince Royce y Manuel Turizo
- Vivir Mi Vida – Marc Anthony
- La Tortura – Shakira y Maluma
- Immortal – Aventura
I hope you enjoy these songs as I do and find your rhythm. Please feel free to share any other songs that rock your mind, body, and soul.
La música es vida!